statcounter

PLUNK GENEALOGY -- see "Family" label on this blog and/or write Mike at mdplunk@hotmail.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

Overheard at the Hair Salon





I love going to the hair salon. I also love innocent eavesdropping, so it makes for a perfect outing. You never know what new pieces of info you’ll pick up or, in this case, what new Southern expression will delight your ears.

As I was getting my hair washed, the stylist to my left was doing some serious grousing. Her family was preparing to move and her husband had just phoned to tell her that he was going out of town for a week – apparently once again leaving her to handle the move alone. She was more than a little ticked off.

From the hair dryer area, a client piped up with a variety of tips that she promised would make this the easiest move the stylist had ever experienced. The stylist responded with grumbles that were countered with more cheerful tips and promises of “easiest ever.”

With barely controlled exasperation, the stylist tried to cap the conversation with “I’m sure that’s good advice, but right now I just need some time to be good and mad.”

Client: “Well, you can get happy in the same pants you got mad in!”

Southerners must be the most eloquent people in the world.

No comments: