statcounter

PLUNK GENEALOGY -- see "Family" label on this blog and/or write Mike at mdplunk@hotmail.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

'The Most Dangerous Chef in America"



I was completely offended earlier this week when I heard that Paula Deen has Type 2 diabetes. Yes, I'm sorry that she has this disease, but it's sort of like when a heroin junkie od's. Didn't they see this coming?


I was even more offended when I learned that she's known about her condition for three years while she continued to push recipes dripping with butter, cream, grease and sugar. I just think that's evil. So now she's hooked up with a big drug company as a paid spokesperson -- yes, now she's telling the truth and perhaps will back away a bit from the dangerous foods she touts. One of her own sons has a cooking show titled "Not My Mama's Meals."


She might as well be hanging out at playgrounds offering free tastes of her food to get our children hooked. Oh, excuse me. They're already hooked.


Anthony Bourdain, who once called Deen "the most dangerous chef in America," also had this to say: "When your signature dish is hamburger in between a doughnut, and you've been cheerfully selling this stuff knowing all along that you've got Type 2 Diabetes ... It's in bad taste if nothing else," he said.


Read the rest here:


No comments: