statcounter

PLUNK GENEALOGY -- see "Family" label on this blog and/or write Mike at mdplunk@hotmail.com

Monday, August 27, 2007

Family Time




Thursday was the day for a visit from cousin Grace and her husband Jim from Denver. They both grew up in Vicksburg, MS so they knew the heat and humidity they’d face, but they bravely headed this way anyway. They were visiting friends and family in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas and MS, so we were glad to get a spot on their itinerary.

We picked up Mother and headed to Olive Branch’s favorite home-cookin’ restaurant, aptly named Hazel’s. We had a great visit and a yummy lunch.

On Friday, Mike and I headed down to Jackson for a visit with Alex. We did dinner and a movie, then watched an Elvis special back at the motel. Yep, specials are still airing in remembrance of this month’s anniversary. I let the guys choose the movie at the multiplex and was led like a lamb to the slaughter into Rush Hour 3. I had no idea. But the seats were comfortable; the a/c worked fine, and I had plenty of popcorn. Saturday morning called for pool time, and I was reminded of Alex’s favorite pool toy -- -- me.

It was an excellent visit. On the way back up the road that afternoon, Mike and I took a brief side trip to Sardis Dam and Lake – watched folks fish at the spillway and once again had the weekend-place-at-the-lake conversation. hmmmm

No comments: